Here is how the TCR Tecora® Training Center was conceived, after years of experience in the production of atmospheric pollutant sampling systems and a constant relationship of collaboration with laboratories and research centers for a constant improvement in technological optimization, puts its professionalism at service to contribute to the continuous training of final user.
The Training activities for chimney emissions monitoring staff, represent an important part in the quality of the final data because they provide evidence of the operator’s ability to carry out the test in accordance with the reference standard and teach how to manage those factors that the technician sampling cannot have under its direct control:
- Different sites by type of process, structural characteristics, access to the workstation;
- Method of transporting materials to the sampling point;
- Weather conditions.
It is also important to consider that in many cases the activity of the monitoring officer leads him to operate at a height of more than 2 meters for what is called work at height according to Title IV, Chapter II of Legislative Decree 81/08.
Also in this case, proper training is essential, not only for an effective risk assessment but also to be able to take the necessary protective measures.
TCR TECORA® has recently set up an area completely used for the training of operators involved in sampling and measurements in the field in which:
- Training for the qualification of personnel assigned to sampling and measurements in the field → Theoretical modules with respect to the monitoring of particulates using isokinetic sampling techniques – multiphase sampling techniques – gas / vapor sampling using manual techniques;
- Practical modules of field tests on correct sampling planning and line preparation.
Proficiency testing → Determination of the k-factor of the Pitot tube / Determination of speed and flow rate of flows in ducts according to ISO 16911-1:13;
- Standard comparative tests / development of new approaches to sampling → thanks to the presence within the CEN / TC 264 Air quality, we are able to field test sampling lines for traditional parameters and for those that are being developed in Europe;
- Metrological confirmation of Pitot / Darcy tubes.
“The structure is always available to laboratories, research centers for instrumental quality control activities and metrological confirmations”.
Dr. Paolo Lopinto
Senior Emission Expert
+39 02 3664.8635